Jeff's House

blowback

Hello,

I could use a little help/fresh eyes. This is my first lighting test. I am happy but not thrilled, so to speak so crits are really welcome at this point. This is part of a larger series of personal work. Max/Vray/PS. Thanks. And no not Jeff CG ARCH Jeff. lol

Edited by blowback

I'm not sure what 'look' you are going for, but this seems really washed out to me. I think it kinda fits the feel of the image, but if you wanted to try some more contrast-y images, it might jumpstart your ideas.

I find the piles of firewood under the porch on the right to be kinda distracting, they look like they were photoshopped in. if you drop the brightness on them a touch, they wouldnt stand out so much.

Haha, I love images like this, because I see some fun possibilites to 'break the plane'. For instance, instead of having that black border around the image be an impenitrable wall, you could use the tree on the right as a border, and have the other two foreground trees break the black like at the top and stick up higher. The path at the bottom could continue past the black border and kinda fade to white, maybe have some bits of gravel trailing off into nothingness. Just a thought for you to kick around.

Overall I quite like it. Good job.

• Administrators

Given this is my house ;) I thought I would make a quick edit. Far from perfect, but I only spent about 2 min on it and the highlights are blown, but you need some more highlight and contrast in your image and some unsharp mask. Right now it's pretty compressed to the midtones and is a bit muddy and seems out of focus. Really nice otherwise.