composite render with exist bldg image

kevin miller

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to using max, especially the rendering tools. I have modelled a proposed addition to an exisitng fire company and I want to merge the max render with a photograph. I thought I would post this ahead of me finishing the model tonight so that I may have some thoughts from you on how to do what I want to do. The attached image is a quick photo of the aproximate angle. I have never worked with render passes in any program but I know this is what I want to do. I have been doing some reading but I am still a little fuzzy about how to do this with max 2009 and mental ray. I am really unsure what type of lighting setup I should use that would work best for exporting the passes such as matte, rgb, shadow, etc. In the attached render, I just have a single spot light that was quickly setup to light the model. Should I have the objects on specific layers and/ or am I using unique material maps for this? If someone could help me wiht this I would greatly appreciate it. It is probably not worth it to anyone but if interested I will give this model to anyone who would help walk me through this process. Otherwise, any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

K.

Edited by arcitek