First Personal Project: Living room

Tsukiyono

I decided a few weeks ago to start in what spare time I have to try to work on anything really. My first thought was a living room so thats sort of where I am going for now.

I started this room as a simple rectangle shape, and have since over time been sort of modelling as I go to sort of see if I could do things. Not really yet settled on a final design. With this particular scene, I first started with just a single window, then wanted to challenge myself with what is seen here. Granted its probably not perfect, but as mentioned, this is my pretty much first project doing without watching any sort of training vid as well.

Anywho, I am hoping to get some advice on where to improve on what I have done so far. I plan on adding some sort of trim around the whole window piece here if I decide to make this the final iteration, but I have been thinking it might be good to possibly move the windows bottom edge up about a foot or so off the ground? Not sure yet, as I have seen the full spread windows before in another place.

Also plan on modelling an entertainment center and all the little odds and ends as well which will make this lived in. IE, pictures, cups, lamps, and other little trinkits.

Also, if anyone has any other tips for someone like myself just getting started, please let me know as I am always more then interested. This is still an early WIP as can be seen, also just done a basic AO render just so I can see whats going on here.

PS: the camera angle isnt even a camera angle right now. I honestly dont have any idea on how to get a decent angle shot right now, only moved the render to this view to try to get a decent view of all I have done so far.

Well, at this stage, I would definitely suggest some baseboard molding, and possibly crown moldings. As far as other stuff, I suggest you just start testing various objects and see how you like them in the space... how/if they compliment your composition, color palette, etc. Just play, and see how it shapes up.

good luck.