Sketchy look - Patients Room

jinsley

I am not comfortable with the blotchy border transition to paper. I think it is distracting to the entire image. I would rather see the image bleed to the edge.

Beyond that the color and lighting are fantastic.

Right now, even though the light is warm, their is something eerie about the image. Almost like there should be a person lying on the bed, spending their time relaxing until old age finally over comes them.

Maybe that is just my read, but even if it is not correct, it does present a problem. Something is blocking my eye from becoming completely absorbed into the scene. Maybe once it is filled out with entourage, the isolated feeling to the image will go away.

It is looking like it will be a beautiful image though.

I like the look and the use of warm tones is great but there's something bothering me about the level of detail. I thik it's the contrast between the amount of detail in the bed's mechanism, which doesn't look hand drafted, and the rest of the scene being relatively empty - there's nothing on the desk and the walls are large negative spaces. As Travis said, entourage would help (can you have a person in the bed and turn the chair toward the bed and have a person in the chair, and maybe hang some generic landscapes on the wall and put some magazines on the desk?)

I agree with you guys about it feeling a little unfinished, when I rendered the scene on friday, I had a few flowers and other props scattered... I was asked to take it all out as this is apparently for mental healthcare and there is a huge list of what is and what is not allowed in the room. I will revise it on Monday morning when I receive the pdf that lists the "do's and dont's" of mental health care.

I think maybe I may remove a few components from the bed and simplify it a bit. entourage is a great idea, I will have a better idea about how many people if any to put in tomorrow morning after our meeting.

Thx guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

i like the 2nd image better...not to sure bout the lone nurse in the room (looks freaky).. pherhaps if there was a patient in the bed.

haha... I was kind of aiming for that to be the patient looking out the window...

anyways, everyone hated the image and the style. so it looks like I am going to go back and do some more modeling and render out some views that are not npr. You all know the ones... Not sketchy, but loose... realistic, but not like a photograph, try to make it look like sketchup, but rendered. :p Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football...

will post again later today.

I think the guy looks ike he's in a commercial for an antidepressant drug.

haha... maybe so, I am actually finding it really hard to put someone into the scene... old people and younger people look equally as sad in the mental hospital. You can't show happy families because its not a family place and not too many of them are happy to be there... In the end it was requested to leave entourage out and just show the room on its own.

In the end the project arhchitect didn't want to spend the time or money to model the room with enough detail to try for photo realism so we went with the sketchy look. :)

here's the final and now I have 2 more to do.