Lake House

TSuess

Yeah it is distorted to a degree. I wanted to use the Cam correction modifier to create a more dynamic image. I was trying to embellish the simple boxy architecture. I feel commited to it now from a composition standpoint.

Agreed about the extreme angle.. It makes it hard to give other crits.

Your pine tree on the right hand side... is that from Onyx? My partner has been exporting pines for me from that program, and the needles barely show up. I dont have the program myself, so I can't see how to help him with that, but for your rendering I can barely see a little fuzz around the branches. I would play with that program some more, and see if you can get some more substantial needles.

Hmmm, is there anything else? With this distortion the vines along the ground in the foreground bother me because they look like tentacles about to get me, but I think that would change with less distortion and no modeling changes.

So, yeah, I would love to see how this turns out.

Yeah the pine trees are all Onyx. The poly count on the pine trees can get very high very fast when you increase the number of needles. I'll see what I can do though. I did this as a side project for my portfolio, unfortunately I am overwhelmed with real work. Hopefully I'll have time to get back to this in the near future.

thanks for the comments. I do appreciate them!

-Tom