Twilight_Exterior

videep

Hello Everyone,

This is a piece that I have recently made for my portfolio.

Actually its my first exterior or set.

I have posted this image in search of crits... as to me it looks good...lol:)

Please do Crit or Comment..

ThankYou in Advance...;)

Twillwhat? :))

keep it constructive

Videep.

the lighting in you're image don't really constitutes as twilight.

a quick google search on twilight

http://images.google.com/images?q=twilight%20nature&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

twilight is much more rich colours. You're lighting is more moonlight long exposure.

With this scene i'm not sure if you want to show the car or the building in the back. It's a start but I think you need to go back to the drawing board and re-think what you want to show with this image

keep it constructive

Videep.

the lighting in you're image don't really constitutes as twilight.

a quick google search on twilight

http://images.google.com/images?q=twilight%20nature&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

twilight is much more rich colours. You're lighting is more moonlight long exposure.

With this scene i'm not sure if you want to show the car or the building in the back. It's a start but I think you need to go back to the drawing board and re-think what you want to show with this image

Sorry guys :) I was thinking about that teenage film.. I totally forgot about true meaning of this word.. My apologies videep. Otherwise I'll go with Koper.

Hello Everyone,

@Ralf : Thankyou so much, I am posting a new render, pls do reply.

:)

@Adriaan : Thankyou for replying. Actually this is only a frame of a shot that i am making. I have to submit this to the College.Its actually an animation of a couple of seconds. Actually my first exterior in the scene, 1st car and yea tryin to achieve a twilight scene which is more towards the night time. Posting a new render. Please reply.:)

@Peter : Its just fine. I did not take it personally. Thanks for replying to the thread. Also i am posting a new render, do reply.;)

Sorry to insist a little bit. For twilight and not monochromlight - and for a even better result than u reached uptil now you have two ways: 1 '' twiten '' the light in different colors or 2. if u want to keep the monochromatic effect use the building light as twilight zone - and I guess it's that what u mean ... RK

Sorry to insist a little bit. For twilight and not monochromlight - and for a even better result than u reached uptil now you have two ways: 1 '' twiten '' the light in different colors or 2. if u want to keep the monochromatic effect use the building light as twilight zone - and I guess it's that what u mean ... RK

Hey, thankyou for replying. Actually my scene is not exactly a twilight, but kinda more towards night. i.e. twilight moving more towards moonlight.

can you help me improve on this... I really apreciate that you took out time to reply. Thankyou.

Even in twilight, the recently set sun makes one part of the sky a little bit brighter, ensuring some gradation across the sky. I do see gradation in yours, but I would rather see it horizontally, with, say, the left side darker and the right side lighter. Just a tiny bit.

A couple of other things that might help a lot: Make the lights along the edge of the drive brighter, but not far-reaching, so they make lovely little pools of light to give contrast. You could even make them yellow or something to offset the sky. Make the lights on the house brighter too, because all of your lighting is getting washed out by the huge color of the sky.

Another thing that is specifically bothering me are the trees. They look way too bright becasue the light from the sky is too bright. I would rather see them as black shapes, silhouettes against the horizon, with the colored sky glimpsed behind them over the ocean. I think you should try a couple of renders with almost NO colored light from the sky, with just the color, and see how that treats you. It will make you look at your scene a little differently.

Keep us updated.

And one more thing, that I find very annoying:

It seems that you have just one tree model, and you instanced that around. try and rotate and scale it at least, if not add a few other, because this way it looks like a bad collage.

Thankyou Matt and Andrei for replying. I have taken into consideration your comments, and have started working on the project. ThankYou so much for helping me out.

I really appreciate you all taking time out for replying...