conceptual images and presentation

matt_vinoir

i think it would be really useful to swop ideas on conceptual imagery. i.e. massing of masterplanning urban environments need a quick and clear way of showing ideas. it should be quirky and interesting without to much detail.

Also, when you have your nice images and all the plans ssect and sketches, how do you present this on an A1 page. what techniques and arrangements do you use etc. this is an overlooked area of the final presentation that can make a project for architecture students

Hi Matt,

Maybe we can broaden the object of your first idea to 'story of the image / visions on imagery' - or any other/better title - so that all kind of imagery can be discussed (conceptual, massing studies, bird-eyes views, concept-drawings,...) because all these types have indeed a unique approach.

I think it's a good idea to discuss questions like: What do you want to evoque through an image? What story do you want it to tell? How do you add content to your image? And eventually, what story does the final image tells? How was this accomplished?

The second "lay-out" forum looks to me like an extension of the first but with a very specific goal that goes beyond the production of images.

How does one makes a total story out of individual stories/images?

Personally I think both themes are good ground for expanded views and thinking on cga.

rgds

nisus

cheers nisus,

basically the first part is lead from seeing architects like neil spiller, sort of hyper reality, meaning it's not really the are immpossible wquite often but are really far more interesting and provoking. They follow in this way purely driven through contextualism, the progession of cyber architecture. On a really shallow level though, they look like f@~king cool images!

i reckon we should start swoping so stuff, so nixus, i have loads of images from my stdies to share but i don't know how, can you drop my a mail to explain, cheers, sorry i'm having a blonde moment!

Hi Matt,

I am very interested to see these images as I've been interesting in these kind of works (e.g.Greg Lynn and Marcus Novak).

Unfortunataly I don't know how to upload images and stuff like that. I am really not interested in it - or was not until I've met this forum. Maybe you can post your best ones in the wip...

Or like you said: open up a new forum.

rgds

nisus