interior shot

nodar1978

Hi,

Very mysterious and moody. Architecturally the block wall units are too big.

Normal blocks are 8" x 16" and they would start will a full course at the bottom. It's funny how someone who knows nothing about building would get a sense that somethings wrong just from seeing walls all the time and in the back of their mind think that the pieces are too big to build the wall efficiently and that the scale is not appropriate for such a small wall........etc.

Hi,

Normal blocks are 8" x 16" and they would start will a full course at the bottom. It's funny how someone who knows nothing about building would get a sense that somethings wrong just from seeing walls all the time and in the back of their mind think that the pieces are too big to build the wall efficiently and that the scale is not appropriate for such a small wall........etc.

thanks for your comments

thats truth, blocks are 8x16, but this wall is not with blocks, this is kind of wallpaper :) , i can show you a sample if you want

Hi,

Normal blocks are 8" x 16" and they would start will a full course at the bottom.

here is a sample. i didn't get a goot photo of this to make better texture from

Hi George,

To be frank it looks a little flat.

The fire does not look like fire, the lighting is low. what mood are you looking for??

the window is not appropriate, the material of the wall with the window in it is not clear, it looks a little soft. The carpet is stiff.

Make your own texture for the wall or search it over the internet as it has grains in it which are not visible in your wall...so its looking a bit soft.

Tiling on your floor can be clearly seen and is looking repeatitive. Are you making it on the real-world scale or based on Max's generic units??

Try using dirt maps, they help. Try exploring the different materials, i.e how they are made.

Good luck with your scene.

When I look at this scene, I want to see more variation. Instead of making all the lights the same intensity, turn down the wall-washers and spotlight the wood sculpture. Tone down the downlighting of the table, and just use the candles to create a little pool of light.

About the fireplace - make sure it throws light and reflections; I can't see any orange reflections in the tabletop. You can also put an invisible light right in front of the fireplace throwing light out from it.. a really orange light could give you some color differentiation in the lighting quality.

Wood Sculpture - I don't really find this beliveable at all. I mean, I understand what it is, but I think the execution could be a lot better. The shapes of the wood are ok, altho you might want to smooth them a bit more. The material is weird tho. If its supposed to be laquered wood, you should get rid of the bump on it and make it more reflective. If its supposed to be just stripped wood, you should lessen the bump AND the reflection, or at least make it more matte. You could try other tricks too, like using a falloff map with two different tones of the same texture image to give it some life, or try to map some cracks onto the wood with displacement.

Also, just a little thing: Most rooms have baseboards, altho not all of them do. a dark wood baseboard could really reinforce the room boundaries.

Good luck!

Hi George,

To be frank it looks a little flat.

The fire does not look like fire, the lighting is low. what mood are you looking for??

the window is not appropriate, the material of the wall with the window in it is not clear, it looks a little soft. The carpet is stiff.

Make your own texture for the wall or search it over the internet as it has grains in it which are not visible in your wall...so its looking a bit soft.

Tiling on your floor can be clearly seen and is looking repeatitive. Are you making it on the real-world scale or based on Max's generic units??

Try using dirt maps, they help. Try exploring the different materials, i.e how they are made.

thanks for comments

1. i have changed the fire effect

2. there is no window in the room. it is hole in the wall, and there is a TV inserted, like i attached here.

3. texture for a wall i have changed. and it is not a blocks as was mentioned here. this is a wallpaper, you can see photo in a previous message.

4. floor i have changed as well, i'll add new images in next message

thanks again

thanks Matt for comments, here is my changes:

About the fireplace - make sure it throws light and reflections; I can't see any orange reflections in the tabletop. You can also put an invisible light right in front of the fireplace throwing light out from it.. a really orange light could give you some color differentiation in the lighting quality. ==>>I did this, you can see attachment

Wood Sculpture - I don't really find this beliveable at all. I attached the photo of this real wall, designer makes design, i'm just a guy who makes it in 3D, and i'm trying to do it as real as i can :)

the wooden wall has been totally removed, because design was not accepted from a client, and we did glass wall with projector screen.

hope you like progress :)

Hi, Looks A LOT better! Now we're starting to see the rich color of the table although the chairs are lost in darkness. The light scallops on the wall should probably be higher up. The flames seem kinda small; like a real fire would be more substantial but now there is a nice red glow on the walls.

I guess my point about the wallpaper is that if it looks like strange giant block in a brick pattern VISUALLY then it may as well be because that's how it's being perceived.

Def looking better.

First thing that looks odd to me is just the scale of everything. Are you modeling off something or just eyballing it?

Chairs and table look to high, and ceiling not high enough?

What material did yo use for rug? about to do one myself and was curious

Def looking better.

First thing that looks odd to me is just the scale of everything. Are you modeling off something or just eyballing it?

Chairs and table look to high, and ceiling not high enough?

What material did yo use for rug? about to do one myself and was curious

thanks Nick for reply

I'm following instructions of designer, he gives me sizes and all information.

it is high table, 93cm. seat high of chair is 64cm

high of ceiling is 260cm.

this is real project, with real sizes you believe or not :)

material for carpet is vray material, with diffuse and displacement maps

thanks for comments