The Clift House

Eric Sosa

Hope this kind of visus can be posted here.

Modelled in max, rendered with vray & added background pic with ps.

The Clift House; I came to this idea when trying to learn about making vegetation & natural objects combined with architecture.

Not sure wich one looks best (or worst).

However, I would like to improve it.

Regards ..... Eric

Edited by Eric Sosa

Wow - I like the first more for the natur, the second more for the house view. Correct me if I'm wrong the second doesn't convince me because normaly the trees up there in this kind of ambient do start out smaller and than get higher in the center ( kind of protection ). Here it looks like someone placed them with max ( kidding ) . . Great nature environment and perfect water, love it. RK

the second one looks better. the environment model looks great. how did you generate this. The textures of the rock and mountains could do with some added detail. water looks great. the building is what needs the most work. has the potential to be a very nice scene.

Thank you very much for all the comments. I stick to the first render, I agree, it is more believable.

While I work forward with the same view, I made a new view coming closer to the house & clifts.

I did move the house forward from the clift, did add some supporting wooden columns under the house and did change the forest to pine trees instead.

I am not a photographer, neither and architect. I have been trying to find a more interesting house to work with but haven't find it ....yet.

If someone is interested on coolaborating on this little project and beleive to have the rigth "house" for the clift, please contact me, we share the credits.

Meanwhile, I'll try to render again the original view with the changes.

Regards everyone & thank you very much again for all your tips :)

Eric

made a new render not using any background pic.

-proxi scattered forest

-camera closer to the house

humm..am I getting far from the magic of the scene because of trying to make everything in 3d instead of using a more pixeled background pic for example?

love the thing of making the most in 3d tho....:)

I guess I need badly advice from photographer/artist here, not sure if I am going the rigth way...:rolleyes:

regards

Its coming out very well - In closeups the rock is coming out to smooth so I put a filter on it here and there. The trees are too monocolor so you can see what I tried out. Like composion your image is not bad at all. the large image I riposed I added a ''point of escape'' in the upper right part ( tree group darker ). Like concentration point in the larg image I warmed up the house and made the window line more horizontal, otherwise the hous broke in two parts ( personal opinion ). I did something else but I can't remember:D. By the way I like the house style , may be push it a little little bit more towards landside ( 3-4m ) again personal opinion........ great work -- curious to see the follow ups ....... RK

hehe thx for your interest & your time Ralf :)

I'm starting to see your point; the monocromatic forest (proxis of only one tree needle) and the rock smoothness. like very much the pic where the house is more to the rigth in the pic.

I'm actually making new "rocks" for the background, something like real "clift" look (more sharped edges) and perhaps a chance to add some trees manually on the flat surfaces using an alternative scatter and perhaps even a combo with clifts & forest together. Not sure how it'll look tho :rolleyes:.

The lake water & reflection look great together with the small clift/rocks, and now the house, I don't think I should mess out with that. My main concern is what is BEHIND to make it look "realistic", beliavable and nice.

I'll post my new renders usign your idea Ralf. Thx for the input ;).

regards

wellcome - try to seperate the trees a little from each other, so the vagetation fits more to the natur -- The first u like more is a composing like ''house in nature'' the second is more like '' national geographics '' In pics like that remember to put allways a - view scaping point -- greatings RK

... try to seperate the trees a little from each other, so the vagetation fits more to the natur

oops, dam rigth Ralf, I'm struggling to do just that with the scatter, either the trees look silly & isolated or they collapse together....I shall try tho ;).

I'm in mood this morning , so I posed another composition ;). It's called Triangel roul ( two of them rhombus ) that is applicated to make the picture dinamic - / red the human eye than creats a horizon line in need to get a perspective idea / green ... that's it ... RK

had another fast go and got this render (first one), sorry forest was done very fast.

- gave more room to the middle of the pic

- fixed the house supporting columns

- pushed the house a little towards the cliff

- created a 3d forest at the back of the lake

- created a cliff to the left of the pic

yes, I'm trying to create everything in 3d...and I'm paying the price.

am I going out of focus?. I had been watching tens & tens of lake pictures to get inspiration, but the most beautilful got awesome mountains at the back. I have tried to create those, but I have not succeded making a 3d "nice" & realistic looking mountain :( .

the second pic is actually one my very first ones. I do beleive this is more authentic and interesting. the render has many mistakes; lake water reflection, house almost invisible, low pixel sky, etc.....but the atmosphere is great and that's what I wanted to get. indeed, I got the idea of using "forest" after. dunno, I'm a bit confused atm.

well, easter is just round the corner, perhaps my small children will give me some inspiration with all this time we will spend together :)

happy eastern everyone :D

Happy eastern to you too. Coming from close to Hamburg I know that the sky in the first image with the trees it's one of the best you can hope for in this period. I wait to coment all because it seams much under construction... but your doing well .. even doing everything in 3D -- ps the second image like the structur of the ''rocks '' looks more like a glacier - if you don't mind ------------greatings RK - Italy

running out of ideas..

tried to make a realistic looking mountain..impossible 4 me, tried some more cliffs, it did look silly too.

so, I simply create a forest behing the rock formation. found many lake & mountain huge pics to be used as background, but I wanted to give a try with 3d objects instead.

perhaps I just simply use the super huge pics in the back and finish with this "hobby" project soon.