quick turnaround social housing

jinsley

Boss and client were very happy with the last render I put together for them so I was asked to do one more of the front of the building... used the same window blocks and materials so this one only took a day to model and I rendered it over the weekend.

I am almost done, but have to work on another project for a few hours... if anyone has any crits or feedback, that would be great.

Thx in advance!

-JI

front-wip-158858769frontwip.jpg

a%3E

Looks great but grass looks dark and foreboding. Dandelions start to look like

little pieces of litter as they get smaller.

Curb is too imposing (size and angle) and could do without the grunge look.

Maybe a little landscaping at base of left side of building.

Glass looks great.

I agree completely. Social housing shouldn't look like a jail. I think you can brighten and warm it up a bit in a post and be leaps better. The photo comp itself is great. Good work overall.

Glass looks great.

Thx! will definitely try and fix the things you mentioned... and will check that curb again and maybe lower it a little.

I agree completely. Social housing shouldn't look like a jail. I think you can brighten and warm it up a bit in a post and be leaps better. The photo comp itself is great. Good work overall.

Thx Steve, the photo-comp is actually many, many individual trees and buildings put together...

I think its time to buy a set-up to calibrate my monitor... at work, it looks nice and sunny... seems to be consistent with you guys that it is dark and gloomy-ish and at my home office it looks dark and too blue. scary.

Looks good from my side James.. I definitely like this view alot more then the last one. Only thing distracting me is that big sewer drain lid on the street, otherwise i think looks great.. especially for amount of time taken.

sewer cap is going as is this view... I am re-rendering one with the camera sitting on the lawn now.

A word of advice to anyone looking for street elements to photoshop... don't ever, ever google "man hole" and then get from your desk to go get coffee without out seeing what the search engine returns.

D'OH!

I think its time to buy a set-up to calibrate my monitor... at work, it looks nice and sunny... seems to be consistent with you guys that it is dark and gloomy-ish and at my home office it looks dark and too blue. scary.

On second thought don't let my color judgment sway you. I have the worst monitor ever at the office.

[

I know what you mean. Just rushed out this weekend and got the Huey Pro

calibrator - runs about $80. I'll let you know how it works out. Since you're probably always working with the same printer you could just hold up a finished print and adjust till they match. That's really what matters.