Vray realistic sky with clouds.

bluediablito

hello every one i am trying to create some cloud using vray fog... so that my sky does not look flat. unfortunately i have try this tutorial and had no good result....(i did the tutorial 3 times and same result)

http://vray.info/tutorials/vrayenvfogclouds/

i was wondering what would be the best way to make a realistic sky?

i have try

hrdi map -------the sky looks flat (i think it was the hdri)

images on the background----------even flatter with bad pix

sitni sati DreamScape--------some what good looking but still looks weird but better (rendering time goes up)

I alway use a simple sphere to create a sky environment and use PNG cloud texture (which has an alpha channel to create opacity map for clouds). This is the way I create clouds that blend with VRAYSKY on my exterior scene. And don't forget to set vraysun to exclude that sphere object for making vraysky can shine their beautiful environment to your scene (and ofcourse, with cloud in the sky too).

Just a simply way from my little experiences.:p

Edited by 3dterior
-

I'm not to keen on the Vray fog clouds from that link. They look rather cartoonish.

If you want to render in clouds, rather than map or composite clouds, then you might want to look at Vue as an option. I am not sure if it works with Vray, but maybe you could do a 2 pass system where the clouds are with Vue/MentalRay and the scene with Vray.