Modern_House_Exterior_Shot_

JGL122

Hello everyone,

This is my WIP on a modern house. This was modeled by Andres and I'm just trying to create a nice polished look for my portfolio. I'm looking for C&C as I move along. I have about 6-8 hours put into this so it still has a while to go. Thanks for looking.

Here's an update after a couple of hours working. I'm hoping for this time of day and having some lights on inside the house. What do you think of the wood siding? Any comments welcome.

Edited by JGL122

Update :

I worked on the windows, after finding out the geometry on the windows needed some work so the only one that is fixed is the dining room. I also worked on the pool, as it didn't match right. I rendered out with an occlusion pass so if it looks like it don't match on the living room it's because of the old window texture. Again this is done in 3ds max/ V-ray/ Photoshop. C&C welcome.

Overall the rendering looks very flat. I think its partly your materials (lack of reflection, very high RGB values) and partly an exposure issue (which you might be able to fix by fiddling with the frame buffer controls.

I agree, its very flat, very few reflections which is probably why it screams CG. Try playing with your shaders to get more gloss