Max Design 2011 - Object Paint

Dave Buckley

I know it's early doors but has anybody played with the new object paint in max design 2011? I love it at the minute, especially the ability to scatter animated objects with a keyframe offset (think domino type animation), however i'm struggling to find an option that allows the animated objects to interact with each other?

so that if a domino did fall onto another piece then it should stop rather than travel through the geometry? collisions anybody?

got it yesterday, i just so happened to check subscription center and it was on there so i snapped it up before they realised that it was up a day early. but to be honest i've been using the beta since around end of feb beginning of march (a very old buggy beta) but i was under non-disclosure agreements etc so not been able to say that i had my hands on it.

not too sure that painting collisions in passes would work in this instance. i have an animated box, all it does is rotate 90 degrees over 15 frames, with the object paint i can then use this animated object to paint over a surface but i can offset the animation start of each instance by any number of frames, so each one starts 3 frames after the next creating a domino effect.

i can't watch youtube at work but i guess its the new feature video that demonstrates 'painting on painted objects?'

but not in two passes

yup, that's the one, the coins and pirate chest.

hopefully our company don't wait a year to switch as we just switched to 2010 a couple months ago.

and i guess we're in that phase again of what plug-ins work and what not

koper just to get you a little bit more excited - taken directly from a bit of Autodesk Marketing blurb about what's new in max design 2011

The ability for plug-ins created for 3ds Max 2010 to work directly without requiring any recompilation

shouldn't have any issues, you can always go download the trial on your home pc and get playing around with it

I'm actually pushing so hard for it so that they'll be happy to give it to me just to silence me, hehehe

Thanx for the info on the plugins, but I will have to wait and see about that one. This max release can't be that good, can it?:cool: