Using russian or korean 3d assets...texture paths...

Origins

Hello Cgarchitect comunity ,

my windows has foreign language fonts installed and it can show the exact names of files in russian alphabet... but 3ds max cant read textures because of the russian named textures

how can i add russian or anyother language to max ,

should i install another 3dsmax with russian as default? or are there other ways?

thanks for interest.

Edited by Origins
complication

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this thread is almost two years old but no answer yet, so here's what i did to read some foreign language files.

To solve the problem is simply swap your windows regional setting to any of these files language.

( Control Panel > Regional and Language options > Regional Options. )

Now texture path is configurable (not showing empty "JPEG" slot), but still you wouldnt be able to read the path properly (showing something like "iieeeie" path/directories, unable to open the file either).

Next is to configure System Code Page, go to Control Panel > Regional Options > Advanced -

"Language for non-Unicode programs". Swap this language and dont forget to tick additional "Code page conversion tables" as needed and reboot.

My system is xp64, so i guess you have to fiddle around with your OS if you have different system.