restaurant WIP

reptar

Here is my first scene using Vray. Not sure if anyone has any advice for me on making this look more realistic. I'm working on the textures at the moment which is why some objects do not look quite right.

The pavement seems to be getting washed out. I'm trying to define the grouting using a bump map, however even with extreme values (bump=400) i'm still arriving back to the same problem.

Any ideas most welcome, thanks.

Here is an updated render of my scene using Vray. I have used Vray's HDRI setup and daylight system which i feel have worked pretty well.

I still have to fix a few brick textures.

Any comments on fixup's to make this sing are more than welcome!

Thank-you.

It has certainly come a long way.

I'd suggest some work on the roof tiles. They look like a flat image on a plane. Maybe use geometry or displacement.

Some reflection in the glass would be nice.

As would some signs of life in the area. People, plants, cars.

It looks to me a like joints between the sidewalk are a little large.

Have you messed around with the camera view? The whole think looks a little like a miniature. It might be a combination of the raised viewpoint and the camera correction. If you are trying to make it look like a miniature I think you need to push it more. Pull the camera back a bit and add some DOF.

It has certainly come a long way.

I'd suggest some work on the roof tiles. They look like a flat image on a plane. Maybe use geometry or displacement.

Some reflection in the glass would be nice.

As would some signs of life in the area. People, plants, cars.

It looks to me a like joints between the sidewalk are a little large.

Have you messed around with the camera view? The whole think looks a little like a miniature. It might be a combination of the raised viewpoint and the camera correction. If you are trying to make it look like a miniature I think you need to push it more. Pull the camera back a bit and add some DOF.

DOF will make it look more miniature....

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an updated render. I've added geometry to the tile and decreased the footpath grouting gaps. The gaps seem to dissapear the further from the camera which is a little annoying. I would really like your feedback to help get this looking better. Thanks everyone.

Edited by reptar