WIP vacation home.

ilyass

ehm - probably because nobody sees something so wrong with it ? or better doesn't know what you mean. So what is your question- fotorealism?, material?, depth? ... . All I see is some strange repetitiv pattern on the walls, some pale strange wooden doors, a nice floor and column pattern with not evident bump and a camera shot taken by a two meter and a half tall guy. Also try with postwork on contrast - otherwise ask what you would like to know more specific. Its anyway a nice render start. RK

Your lighting is the best part about your render. You need to work on everything else before you re-address the lighting.

Composition is your main problem. Take a look at some architectural photography, either online or in a book or in magazines. Pick out some shots you like, then ask yourself why you like them. Apply this critique to your own render here.

thanks for the advice guys

this house is actually my grandfathers home which was damaged heavely during an earthquake a couple years ago im trying to recreate it out of memory. havent been there in a while.

so far i only made the centerplace of the house. i will add some authentik furniture and make it look like some1 is living there.

new render with added furniture changed some objects and materials.

i have another problem with this scene, for some reason the scene is rendered in 12 passes wih each pass it calculates 4 prepasses.

i havent changed anything, i tried to remove the objects and materials that i added afterwards but with no luck.

it still renders 4 x 12 passes in total 48 passes, is this normal??

here is the rendering window.

renderwindow.jpg

Edited by ilyass

no its not, vray i assume? you probably have it set to that many passes under indirect illumination

As far as scene goes, you got a wicked color burn on left wall. My eyes keep getting drawn to the waste open white space. otherwise everything else look decent, still not alot happening add some more geometry some specular highlights on the materials and such to make it more interesting

Now I start to guess why u asked about lighting - there seams too much of it and too much secondary bounces - because where there is light there is shadow - in your scene it all seams be lightend up. Right - specular highlights are missing - and PLEASE take into account some picture composition book or article - Its hard but I havend found any vertical or horizontal lines - RK

new render test added photometric lights, less sec. bounces

tryed to add more specular highlights but i dont seem to notice the difference.

@ RK

what do you mean by "I havend found any vertical or horizontal lines".

basic scene composition, most of the stuff i have on it is in books so i cant link online, but it takes about forground middle and backround. altho the 3 sight lines, its how the human eye gets drawn to a location to make a piece more interesting and visually appealing.

right Nick --and more than that it allows the observer to orientate himselfe in the space -

so how mentioned get some tutorials or books and just watch some interior fotos in AD or ELLE Decor or where ever. Remember that lines are also created by the human eye ( brain ) by connecting points and objects in a picture so it is not neccesarry to have the walls ore floor lines parallel everytime. - RK

i think where your getting at.

but this house is actually a real one that exist. its at least 75 years old so dont expect an nice architectural design, so everything you see is real except i did this out of memory and some reference photo's.

this is my personal project.