How to sharpen HDRI reflections?

branskyj

Hi all,

I am working on an interior scene. I am using HDR image in the reflection slot. The thing is- when looked from the camera inside, the reflections of the HDRI in the windows look very blurry. I am wondering if there is any way for me to make them sharp or is that just dependant on the HDR used?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Thanks for the help Maxer but I am not trying to increase the strength of the reflection. I am trying to sharpen that reflection. You know how when you look in a window you see distorted but really sharp reflections of the surroundings? That is what I am trying to achieve.

I tried what you suggested and as expected I saw more reflections in the windows but they stayed as blurry as they were before.

Thanks anyway, man.

i'm not sure how this works in vray, but typically I make two variations of an HDRI.

I have one full-res with the blur value set to 0.1 and this is used for the environment map which appears in the background and also environment the reflections, and a second half-res version which has a blur value of anything from 5+ and used for the skylight. Reducing the res and blurring can significantly reduce render times.