error parsing xaml file

lambros

Two days ago, I loaded 3dsmaxdesign 2011, and got an XAML Parse error saying "error parsing xaml file: root element missing". I clicked ok, and it said that "The main Ribbon configuration file is possibly corrupt. Reset to factory defaults?".

Answering either yes or no is the same thing, max starts with no ribbon (i.e. no object paint etc). Eversince, each time I load max I get the same error messages.

I haven't found any way to restore ribbon within max, there is no such setting or right click that involves showing the ribbon. I am rather ready to uninstall and reinstall max, but does anyone have any idea?

Also, uninstalling and reinstalling will require another authorization or the license data remain unaffected?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I continue to get this error occasionally even after addressing the fix mentioned in the Autodesk forums.

I am using 3dsMax Design 2011 64bit on Windows XP64bit and here is where I look for the corrupted file:

\Documents and Settings\"Account Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2011 - 64bit\enu\UI

Here you will find the MaxManaged.xaml file with a 0k file size which is causing the problem. Make a copy of the MaxManaged Backup file (which should have some file size to it) and rename it to MaxManaged.xaml. Restart MAX and this "should" resolve the issue. However, as I mentioned I still continue to get this error occasionally and even after SP1, it looks like it's a bug we will have to learn to live with for a while.

-Dave

• 5 months later...

PLEASE HELP...I have looked everywhere and can not find maxmanaged.xaml or maxmanaged.xaml backup. Yesterday I was getting the error message file can not open then an error message saying error parsing xaml file: root element missing. Today I am only getting the file can not open message.

ANY SUGGESTION

• 2 weeks later...

Its the ultimate solution for win7.

go to > C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2011 - 64bit\enu\UI

delete "MaxManaged.xaml" and rename "MaxManaged.xaml.backup" to "MaxManaged.xaml"

thats it.

for XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2011 - 32bit\enu\UI

delete "MaxManaged.xaml" and rename "MaxManaged.xaml.backup" to "MaxManaged.xaml"

thats it. if it does not work just delete the cui, ribbon and xaml files TADA.

NOTE: if ur max is 32bit then find the file into 32 bit folder.

Edited by nomanrahid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Go to:

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\ 3dsMax\ 2011 - 64bit

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\ 3dsMax\ 2011 - 32bit

Windows 7

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ 3dsMax\ 2011 - 64bit

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ 3dsMax\ 2011 - 32bit

you find The Enu folder you should rename it as Old_enu and whith new session

you have no problem with ribbons

• 3 months later...