Madrid Barajas Airport, Richard Rogers Architects

Cepp

Hi all, I'm working on a new image in the spare time.

It's about the Barajas Airport of Madrid, flawless architecture by Richard Rogers, it's one of the best airport in the world... very ispiring!

Some references

barajasinterior3.th.jpgairportterminalready.th.jpgmadridbarajasaeropuerto.th.jpg

Start modeling

WIP#1

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8009/wip01.jpg

I'll try to update this as much as I can.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Cepp

hi, i am michael kojo bondzie an architectural technologist residing in ghana, west africa and practising as design and build contractor in my own setup know as de-build limited, i find cgarchitects on the net and am happy about the work they are doing by moving architecture to meet the needs of this centry, i also like the beutiful architectural work you are doing, especially madrid barajas airport,thus professional work done Richard Rogers Architects bravo. keep it up.

hi, i am michael kojo bondzie an architectural technologist residing in ghana, west africa and practising as design and build contractor in my own setup know as de-build limited, i find cgarchitects on the net and am happy about the work they are doing by moving architecture to meet the needs of this centry, i also like the beutiful architectural work you are doing, especially madrid barajas airport,thus professional work done Richard Rogers Architects bravo. keep it up.

Hi Michael, Thanks for your words... I'll keep it up for sure, good luck for your job!

It's coming along great. It seems like it is going to be one extremely heavy scene though....lots of geometry. Keep posting.

Yes, it'll be an heavy scene, I had to review some pieces of the cover because they had too much polygons. I'll post updates soon. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao Roberto.. sono uno studente del politecnico di milano di architettura. sto facendo uno studio sulle forme geometriche che compongono l'areoporto Barajas di Madrid cercando di parametrizzarle matematicamente.. ho visto il tuo lavoro e mi sembra molto ben fatto. mi chiedevo se e' possibile avere il file 3d... e' fatto in rhino vero? mi sarebbe di grande aiuto.. grazie e ciao. giovanni

Ciao Giovanni,

mi spiace deluderti ma il materiale 3d che vedi è di proprietà dello studio e non puo' essere condiviso.

Posso pero' darti una dritta per raggiungere comunque il tuo scopo. Se vai su google maps, sezione 3d download, trovi un modellino molto semplice ma preciso della struttura base dell'aeroporto. L'ho usata anche io per controllare le proporzioni. Il file che scarichi penso tu possa aprirlo con SketchUp, puoi avere la versione gratuita di 30 giorni direttamente dallo stesso sito. Fidati, ti sarà utile ;)

Btw, I'll continue this project asap... (and sorry for the italian)