about WTC 2002

HeDaCoM

Hi. this is because of the horrible building of this page mentioned today on CGA.

http://www.wtc2002.com/start.lasso

I am really surprised about the result of the poll in that site.. 82 % of people like the building !!!! What's happening in this world? Where is the sens of good design? What do you think about that flag crowning the pyramid? Please leave a comment here about the desing of the building... I am the one here who doesn't like it?

I think these results have to altered or something. I don't believe that.

And what to say about the renderings ... haha.. a 4 years old child can make better renderings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Some newer thoughts about that childish toytower. I subscribed to the mailing list and every now and then I get an email with the update result of 500.000, 600.000 or 750.000 (not yet) voters of wich still 83% want that 'design' to be build.

I can't believe so many people like the design, so I took a look at the webpage... You got a navigation bar to the lefthand side which brings you to all kind of information or images to the right-hand side. One of the topics to the left is the "your voice". If you click here, you get a menu where you can place your vote FOR or AGAINST.

Very strangely if you go to another topic and than go back the "your voice" you can vote again! (Yes I tested it...) This is a very weird voting-system! (I bet the makers never visited Jeff's polls, to see how it should be done i.e. one vote per person, viewing results only after voting.)

The strangeiest thing on the page is the "vote now" at the bottom of the navigation bar, nicely accompanied by an animated logo to attrack full attention. If you click this spot, you immediately vote for the project without an option to reject toytower. (I'm deeply sorry but I did vote for the project by accident...) So people who click on this space assuming a voting area will be available are really sacked!

Seeing both voting places, I feel the voting system is strongely manipulated!

This is great I think, because if people around the world would really want 'toytower' - no manipulated voting system but still 83% for - I'd probably have to shoot myself... So I'm happy to know this is only a set-up ;)

And for toytower? I didn't like the design at all, and with this new info I really detest anyone involved in it... :)

rgds

nisus