• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now:

Hotel Costes

Volume 1 (out of 6)

Mixed by Stephane Pompougnac

(all the albums are very worthwhile listening to)

In general

House, Jazz and a little pop.

... A little off-off topic...

I went to a Hotel Costes concert last month. It was fantastic!

I was amazed to find a new generation of cool people on the dancefloor. Styles I didn´t know and attitudes I hadn´t experienced before - but I must say that "the young people of today"(I´m 28 myself) make me very optimistic.

I guess it all adss up to the fact that.. I´m getting old...

a couple of years ago i played around on the CMJ bulletin board. it was customary to put..

np: beck/mutations

...after you signed your name, at the end of your post. or whatever you were listening to at the time you posted. np stands for 'now playing'. most people on the board were listening to the more popular indie rock bands, which was to be expected given that CMJ stands for College Music Journal (i think).

if you don't recognize a band/musician someone posted, try this site...

http://www.allmusic.com

...they have an amazing collection of unbiased reviews, and they range across all genres of music. there have only been a couple of times when i have typed a band name in there, and they did not have a match.

as long as i am plugging various websites, i might as well throw in my favorite radio station, http://www.kexp.org , out of seattle. they are an independent radio station that is not affiliated with NPR or PRI. i have my comp hooked up to my stereo, so i stream them in a lot while i am working.

MBR ...i have either/or in my car changer right now.