Tracing Plans

Ken Walton

Man, I've gotta close this page - I'm asking too many questions and doing too little work...

Last one for a while though - some time ago someone had mentioned tracing their plans when setting up their archicad>max scenes. How possible is it to "trace" an image? I've got these plans in every media available, but this one seems the most desirable to me: The current project is requiring only interior waltkthroughs of the different floor plans selectable from a DVD menu. I'm under the impression that the best approach on this one is to do the units individually, so if I can accurately trace the images I have of each unit with the wall tool I should be good to go - these aren't your typical boxy condo units or I'd probably eyeball it. Is there any way of defining a point-to-point measurement on the image(like a door width) that will scale it to match your construction grid? That would be close enough, I'm sure. If not - how is it pulled off?

-Ken Walton

you have two options:

if you want to trace scanned bitmap images, import them and set the right scale with dpi/working units, in the bitmap options.

now you can simply draw lines and walls over the background image.

if you have CAD data, dwg plans, import them into a dedicated floor layer (don't know how its exactly called in the english version)

and use the ghost option.

then go into a different floot layer and draw over the 'ghosted' image.