Filleted Edges, radius corners...

Ken Walton

Does anyone know of a way to generate/accomplish rounded corners on interior walls (besides using the slab tool at intersections - or would that be the only way?)

Also: how would you go about creating rounded counter edges on kitchen cabs? Are there any libraries that offer this feature? Right now, I haven't been able to do it with the D3's "smart" parts or anything in the ArchiCAD libraries. Is the only/most efficient option to make these details afterwards in max?

Thanks,

Ken Walton

Hi Ken,

I may have approached it as you said, or tried a radius wall, but here are some other ideas that I was given from the AC BB:

Does anyone know of a way to generate/accomplish rounded corners on interior walls (besides using the slab tool at intersections - or would that be the only way?
"In a way yes - use the polygon walls at the joints, round off the inside

another AC user said:

"DRAW AN ARC THEN USE THE MAGIC WAND TO DRAW YOUR WALL OFF OF THE ARC"

Also: how would you go about creating rounded counter edges on kitchen cabs?
"Why would you like to add a couple of thousand polygons in? If you do insist, use the Profiler."

For more info, check out this BB:

http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/

I posted the Q there. You may see more ideas roll in, so check in once in a while. I'm green to the program, and this is good forum for general AC Q’s or other off-topic info.

• 1 month later...

although, we'll have to see what the boolean is like with ver 8. But i think it is a lot easier with the modifiers/booleans etc. in viz. Also the image quality is soooo bad with archicad that you won't see any profiled edges looking good with archicad alone in case you didn't want to take it into viz.