STRAT ideas

STRAT

sorry about the title, only why not? :)

1)i'm on cable in the UK and on a poor p100 laptop and i find loading/navigating speed just fine. but i do feel that direction to the forums needs to be more clearly defined from the home page.

2) i agree with the others on an updated gallery/rating system. Also in the WIP / Finished peices forums - there should be a section where you fill out the image specs. We always see lovely images here but it would be nice to know exactly the software ppl are using instead of assuming it's just LS/Max/Viz.

3) a tempory buffer for individual images for the above mentioned forums is needed. some where where we can upload single images for crits, which will be automatically purged after say 3 month so as to not hog all the band width. not all of us here find it easy finding direct linking web space.

4) a thread/post counter - i'd love to know how many ppl are visiting threads.

5) when registering, an insistance that ppl's bio's are fully filled in. i personally like to know whom im talking to. i give these ppl more time of day.

6) can i change the times over to GMT, london time?

more ideas l8r......

[ August 01, 2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

• Administrators

4) a thread/post counter - i'd love to know how many ppl are visiting threads.

I'll be upgrading the forum to the latest version this weekend. Some issue that were previously brought up have been fixed, including a link to take you back to the new posts from any page. Unfourtunately the ability to add visitor counts will never be added to this vesion of the forum software. Apparently it's a limitation in the programming that would bring the forum to its knees if it were done. Writting to the database with every person's clicks is an expensive thing to do (bandwidthwise that is)