High Quality Links

mef

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all of your effort with the site, as it has been very useful - as the leader of the design group at a large Ontario architectural firm, I have often sent my staff to cgarchitect to check out a particular high quality link, or particularly impressive rendering. Just yesterday we checked out Ted Boardman's Lofting II, to review how to get a tablecloth to look right in a ballroom image, wtihout a lot of work.

Added convenience for us would be:

-Better historical gallery access, with full thumbnails. Some of the best images are no longer available to us, frankly because we have forgotten where to find them;

-Index on any forum, that would assist a production group to find answers quickly;

-More product reviews similar to your initial look at VIZ4;

-Tutorial links inluded with gallery images, where an artist is confident enough with their skills to share some of the finer points;

-Monthly workflow feature, as this is often the most important and interesting aspect of managing the use of staff time and software - for example, we often model in VIZ4, export rendered elevations to Corel, produce better elevations, and then use the jpegs as maps to put back into the VIZ models - not as perfect as a detailed model, but good enough for urban level models, and fast enough for the "Architecture as an extreme sport" that is today's production reality.

ACDSee software is a good model for the type of Gallery interface I have in mind - something where you didn't need to page through all of the work to find something specific, and then use a link to take you to the artist selected.

Thanks

MEF