brazil testing

matt_vinoir

just literally tested brazil with of the shelf settings and chucked a couple of brazil chrome glas mats in. Well, it does look good. I think it seems preferable to vray actually.

However i haven't got a clue what decent settings should be used. I have experiments with max and vray and to be honest i'm feeling a bit lazy to go it alone.

Would someone be really kind and tell me some good solid settins and what lights i should be using ( omni spots etc) for the sunlight.

I assume it has the same environment skylights as vray does but it seems to need a light in there in order not to render black.

I hate being a newbie time and time again with all these programmes but it is becoming a simialr story with all these nice toys to play with! lol

cheers guys

happy new year by the way!! ( or at least i hope so unless all these countries will try and blow seven sorts of sh*t out of each other)

Guest guardian256

hey matt, join the brazil newbie club.

I've been messing around with it for a bit now along with vray and fR to make up my mind and so far I've decided to stick with brazil.

Have you tried photon mapping ? It's much faster than relying purely on GI. test03.jpg

no comments please from the audience...this was a test :D

I set up a this file to learn with. This view is pure photon mapping, no skylight and it was done with AA -1 1 GI -3, 0

view rate 75 bounces 1. Rendered in 80 seconds on a p41.3 512mb

Try this site for brzil tutes other then those supplied

http://neilblevins.com/cg_education/cg_education.htm

Hey mat:

For exterior i use a target direct light with

overshot" option checked. This renders nicely. ALso under the luma setting on the render dialog I lighten up the blue color to a ligher blue.

I hope this helps. also usually 3 bounces gives very nice lighthing. However for interior you need like +30 or at least i seems to me that way, but then again I am still using their latest beta version. I, not sure if this has changed witht he final version.

I am starting to like VIZ4 radiosity and LS :)

anyway , let mow know what's up :)