Collaborative WIP: Practice

jucaro

This is a collaborative project a few friends and I have been doing as a practice for working together online (and learning as well). Some crits would be helpful. Design-wise and render-wise.

This one is just a lighting study done with 3DSmax Mental Ray.

MR_test_runbig.jpg

Majority of the materials are not yet mapped. BUT yes I know, Its hideous what I did with the firewall.

Hey guys, I really like the design. In terms of modeling. What did you model with. The curbs need more faces to them. If you modeled in AutoCad, change the ACIS setting to about .1 when importing. The pavement looks too flat in the first image. Needs texture, inconsistencies, etc. The tree in the first image in front of the house seems to be missing a trunk. I can't wiat to see tectures on this thing.

Design-wise, it looks like a very hot house. All of that glass with no horizontal mullions would be super expensive. It might be nice to have the corner on the left hand side butt the glass together instead of the single member dividing it. How far does the overhang extend from the wall on the left side? It might need to get thicker in order to cantilever that far. I say definitly use the green glass in the first rendering. It gives a cooler feel to the building.

Good job thus far.

No gravity, eh?....i mean, the stair steps are floating in the air, theres no beam supporting them.

I know, maybe you havent got there yet, just that i saw your scene pretty detailed and you missed that.

If i were you, ill do the following to the lost space bellow the stairs "mid-level" (i said midlevel, outta my head, dunno the english name for that space), I will cut the ceramic or wood floor there, so you have a square of pebbles and ground, with some plants (shadow plants), and if the design allows it to, i will separate that stairs "mid level" from the walls and window, like 50 centimeters so light from the window can reach the place with the plants, so it wasnt be that dark.

No gravity, eh?....i mean, the stair steps are floating in the air, theres no beam supporting them.

I know, maybe you havent got there yet, just that i saw your scene pretty detailed and you missed that.

If i were you, ill do the following to the lost space bellow the stairs "mid-level" (i said midlevel, outta my head, dunno the english name for that space), I will cut the ceramic or wood floor there, so you have a square of pebbles and ground, with some plants (shadow plants), and if the design allows it to, i will separate that stairs "mid level" from the walls and window, like 50 centimeters so light from the window can reach the place with the plants, so it wasnt be that dark.

Hey salf,

thanks for the comment..

I definitely missed all that...the scene ain't finished yet..was not to show the stairs. I like your idea about the floor! i'll tell the group to put that in consideration! thanks a lot!