Architectural Glass in Vray

rozsadan

Hi!

I am lost. I spent days trying to figure out what is wrong with my glass on this bulinding, but I cannot.

I have already tried the Architectureal Glass plugin, but did not work for me.

Could anyone send me a material in Vray that looks better. Or give advice on which settings will improve the quality of my rendering?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Cheers, Dan

hi there... well this is i usually do. use vray material for this one. r u decided with the color of the glass? if so, then add the reflection by changing it to middle gray to a value of 150. also adjust the glosssiness to .8-.9 or in any way that your comfortable. if u want it transparent just adjust the refraction a little bit to middle gray to fully transparent (white). also adjust the subdv in to a lower value to improve render time. its also advisable to map a reflection and just have it under 20.

I hope this helps. :)

Have you tried the ray traced material that cames with max/viz?

it´s a very good starting material and you can customise it to fit your needs...

´course that the rendering time will increse a lot but it worths

hi again. after seeing ur settings... here are my comments.

u dont need to check fresnel reflection. u dont need to use the vraymap for the reflection. jsut adjust the the reflect color can be middle gray. maxdepth can be adjusted to 5. IOR retain it to 1.44-1.60. if have environment map, then make it a cylindrical or a spherical map. i guess that will do. :)

Have you tried the ray traced material that cames with max/viz?

it´s a very good starting material and you can customise it to fit your needs...

´course that the rendering time will increse a lot but it worths

hi zortea, i suggest that u dont use raytrace material esp u use vray as ur renderer. it will just create more trouble with different kind of splotches.:)

Yeah dont use raytrace for reflections in Vray.

Try this:

Uncheck frensel reflections, change glossiness to 1 for reflect and refract, get rid of the map in the reflection slot and change the reflect colour to a light gray just like in the refrack colour slot.

This should work a lot better.

Craig

hi zortea, i suggest that u dont use raytrace material esp u use vray as ur renderer. it will just create more trouble with different kind of splotches.

Well...

in this case, I wasn´t using vray or any other third part renderer, it was just the old and plain default sacaline render...

in this case raytraced glass really works, watch this volumetric study I´ve done yesterday

I want to ask you about these paramaters:

glossiness value is for blurry reflections & when it is one there are no blurry reflections-right?

what is the max depth value for?

and subdivisions? is this a setting to improve how reflections are seen in the render?

• 3 years later...
I want to ask you about these paramaters:

glossiness value is for blurry reflections & when it is one there are no blurry reflections-right?

what is the max depth value for?

and subdivisions? is this a setting to improve how reflections are seen in the render?

You're right about glossiness. Subdivision controls the accuracy/smoothness of that blur. The higher the subdiv is set, the smoother the blurry reflection is but sure that time will increase.

Max depth indicates the number of times the light bounces. Take the example of you standing in front of two opposite mirrors in real life, your reflections are almost infinite. That's because in real life, light bounces til the energy of the ray dies out. With max depth, vray allows you to control the number of time that light bounces.

:D Hope you can grasp the main idea.

hi zortea, i suggest that u dont use raytrace material esp u use vray as ur renderer. it will just create more trouble with different kind of splotches.

Well...

in this case, I wasn´t using vray or any other third part renderer, it was just the old and plain default sacaline render...

in this case raytraced glass really works, watch this volumetric study I´ve done yesterday

but this thread is titled "Architectural Glass in Vray"!!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...