vrml files import

I am having problem importing some vrml files i can view them in my vrml viewer but cinema can not open them i get a message error reading vrml file

is this a bug or what is it that could be happening

It is not a bug. C4D imports VRML just fine, I use it for most imports.

However, there IS a bug in C4D with importing VRML where it assumes all files are in meters whether they are or not. So in those cases you have to type in the correct scaling factor in the VRML2 (I have NOT tried VRML1) settings.

Can you say if your file is written in VRML1 or VRML2? It's possible there is a problem with ver. 1 files. What is the error that it reports?

The error that it come up with is simply : Error readind vrml2 file with its directory location below that

It is a vrml 2 file, as far as scale i have set the import scale to 1 in cinema the model is created in mm and cinema units are set to mm.

Well, I have read VRML files written by FormZ and Lightscape into C4D without having that error. So the problem is not with C4D, but with your file. What app is writing it? Are there settings you can play with in the writing app? Try a few different ways. Try exporting the file from another program, if you can.

As for units, as I said, REGARDLESS of what units you set in the writing app and as the units in C4D, C4D will reaad the VRML file as if it was in meters. So something that you had as 105mm will list as being 105m in C4D. So before import just put in the correct scaling factor to convert from whatever the file was meant to be and meters. m > mm = scale .001 (1/1000th (hopefully I did that right)).

The program that i am exporting the vrml file form is chief architect 9 i find that cinema opens other vrml files from that program fine but it seems to be linked to this one file so far.

The option for vrml export are No texture exported, Walkthru surfaces , turnoff ambient lights , turn off fixture lights , but i dont think that these option would be making the problem but i am no expert

those options can can be turned on or off