RE:removing plugin from scene data

brett25

Hi. I have a scene which contains a plugin that was used when the model was made on another Max workstaion. The scene does not need the plugin, and a missing .dll message comes up every time I load the scene on a different workstation (which doesnt have the plugin). Is there anyway of deleting an instance of a plugin from the scene data so that this does not happen. The plugin is not being used in the scene (original object was deleted), but the plugin remains in the scene somehow. I want to remove this plugin from the scene. Thanks

BRett ;)

hello,

i faced the same issue,there was 3ds model that was made by someone,that he used a plugin,i first had to install the plugin then convert it to editable mesh,cuz max cant define the object with the missing info about the plugin.

hope that helped.

M.anani

Hi,

Is it a material plugin, or geometry? Sometimes the material may be referenced in the material editor and not in the scene, and generate that kind of error. Max should only load plugins when needed, so it is definitely somewhere in your scene.

If you can't find it there, then reset or open max, then do a File->Merge of the offending scene. If a missing plugin is referenced in an object, that object will not merge, and the Material Editor will be clean.

If you need the previous material editor contents, then use the material editor to save the ME contents to a material library. In the original scene, open the Material Editor, click on the Get Material icon, select the "Mtl Editor" radio button, and then the File "Save As..." button to create a library of the current Material Editor contents.

Have fun!

Jennifer

http://www.4dArtists.com

http://www.Render-Art.com

Hi. You are right Jennifer, the plugin is still in the scene. I tracked it down. The strange thing is that I did not apply the plugin, but it applied itself when I did a boolean union. The plugin is called morph toolkit. Thanks alot for your replies.

Brett