Private Residence WIP (NPR)

Jorbu

Hi everyone,

Here is a WIP I'm currently working on. It's one of my first attempts at NPR. It is rendered in C4D with post work in Photoshop. Thanks in advance for all of your comments.

Thanks,

Jorge

Special thanks to EB III for his excellent NPR tutorials and tips as well as great work to get inspiration from.

Thanks for your replies. I agree that I have to work on the trees a bit more. Specially the foreground tree, I still think it's not fitting to well with the whole image. I thought about taking it out, but it just didn't look right without it.

Thanks for your replies. I agree that I have to work on the trees a bit more. Specially the foreground tree, I still think it's not fitting to well with the whole image. I thought about taking it out, but it just didn't look right without it.

I would suggest moving the foreground tree to the left so you don't really see the main trunk/branch, just a lot of leaves and smaller branches. The shadow from that tree could be stronger, too.

I like what you have done with the picture, overall, and the background in terms of color and contrast. But try making it a lot more abstracted, more NPR. Try the Photoshop filter 'cutout', or paint daubs with the sharpness at its lowest. These may help with the foreground tree as well, but it will be more tricky.

• 5 years later...