Time wasting. . .

garethace wrote........

"I don't really mind, them having a virus/worm... and delaying things to sort out the problem, but then, when they all meet, it is like a tea party to discuss internet security, or lack of it.... ad infinitum... a pissing contest to see who can make the worst horror story."

This is the problem for whomever is running the meeting to tell everyone what needs to be accomplished in the meeting and how long the meeting will be. It is quite an art to keep a meeting on track without being to controlling or sounding as if you are scolding the people in the meeting.

As far as laptops and computers in general I dislike brand new technology and am bringing up the rear with my viewpoint of "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

pmanahan

Brian,

Older gents love this stuff, although they won't admit it and have very little patience with solving computing problems. I guess it beats solving the worlds problems during the meetings, usally what happens with my experience.

Someone obviously needs to focus the meetings on the "old" technical enginneering matters. I would suggest offer your support services for the "new" and "fresh" technical computing stuff, after the meetings. Dangle a carrot to lead the mule/s. Good way to improve your standing with the firm, good office politics if you can stand it.

WDA