Interactive Fly through

gputhige

Hi,

Sorry about the Title which does not reflect what I have in mind completely. But it was the best I could think of.

I am a freelance 3D Architectural visualizer in India. We normally give about 3 or 4 perspective views (from different angles) of an exterior of a building to our customers. Most of them are okay with this as the costs of flythroughs are far beyond what they can afford.

However, recently when I was showing the model in 3DS Max to a customer, he wished to know if there was a way he could similarly turn the final textured model in his system - without having to install 3DS Max. Well, I told him it is not possible.

But it set me thinking if there is a way we could say do a panaromic views of the building, stich them together and give it to the cutomer, well he could turn it around 360 degrees.

Is something like this possible? Has this been attempted by anyone before. Would appreciate comments.

Rgds,

GP

Hi Tyson

this is really amazing. Need to go thru the tuts yet, but looks good overall. BTW, from the feel of it, I think one cannot use the 3DS Max lights and shadows. Am I correct in my assumption? Anyways will look up the whole thing to get a better understanding. Thanks.

Rgds,

GP