Don't u think It's strange

omar

Don't u think It's strange that u can find reference for cars humans and almost any thing but buildings

I've been searching for blueprints for building to practice modeling from

I came a cross this site http://www.eplans.com but these plan are very simple

Any one knows a link full of plans and elevation for complicated building to practice from

why not pick up 'architecture' (magazine).? ....the photography should be enough to getmost of the details. there is a good chance there will be a floor plan, but it will be small. i guess ...if you want to practice, i think this would be a good place to start because you can use the photos fo reference on how lighting, texture, and compisition work for rendering. it does not matter whether you are doing photoreal or sometype of illustration, the images will apply to both.

http://www.renzopiano.com/

download the dwf viewer and you can view drawings for most of his projects online

and by the way

architecture and visualization are not like a video game that you can practice and pick it up quite easily

most of us have spend many years in universities

what you are after is knowledge that cannot be acquired by "practising"

dont take this the wrong way i m only trying to help

if you want to practice i would suggest doing something of your own design

be original. thats whats needed

kind regards

alkis tzavaras

Better yet, why not call a small architectural office and explain that you would like to model one of their buildings for free as practice. I teach 3D viz at a local college and that's what I encourage my students to do for their final projects. For some of them it's led to getting a job.

Most firms would love to get a free/cheap rendering. Most firms simply can't afford a good rendering for most of their projects, so you could offer up something that they'd jump at. Of course, you'd probably have to show some qualifications, as no one will just hand over their hard work without knowing where you come from.

I'm very familiar with general architectural modeling

But I was surprised when I was confronted with plan of a large mall project

It's only than that I realized that it's really not your modeling or rendering skills that will get you the big job

But you also need to know how you can translate complicated plans and elevation into accurate model

So if you are used to do small and medium scale job you will be surprised at how poor your modeling skills when your client give you a large scale project and 3-5 days to com up with approves. At least this what I have discover so I'm planning to do some intensive modeling exercise on real world large scale project.

anyway thanks for the help and links

Omar

http://www.3dstudio.biz

Better yet, why not call a small architectural office and explain that you would like to model one of their buildings for free as practice. I teach 3D viz at a local college and that's what I encourage my students to do for their final projects. For some of them it's led to getting a job.

With all due respect, but what kind of crap is that?

Do you have suicidal or seldestructives tendences?

Never work for free: according to my shrink thet destroys your self-esteem!

Days ago I went to an old client's office and told me " Why should I pay the amount you want to charge me if I can have kids from the Architectural School doing the work for free?"

That is known as "Unloyal competition"and is severely punished by the law.

With all due respect, but what kind of crap is that?

Do you have suicidal or seldestructives tendences?

I don't think seldestructives is a word.

There is a difference between work and practice. Work involves deadlines, meeting the clients expectations and specific needs, and of course getting paid. Practice is none of those things. Practice is for improving your craft with no timeline (unless your trying to practice doing something faster).

In the case of my class it would be very much against the school rules to be doing a project for profit. It might even be against the law. The arch firm does nothing but supply the plans for the modeling/rendering. They have no say in schedule, views, quality, or anything whatsoever. I was suggesting nothing more than that to Omar. Work for free is a very bad idea. Practice for free is totally different.

Days ago I went to an old client's office and told me " Why should I pay the amount you want to charge me if I can have kids from the Architectural School doing the work for free?"

If you are truly afraid of this then you need to do some practicing of your own because there is no way that a students work should compare to a proffesionals, and any client will see that.

I think the idea of having students offer to do a free rendering for a firm if they need a project. Of course, rendering their own design projects would work as well, but there is an educational benefit to having to develop a complete 3D model from just a set of design documents.

And from the standpoint of an architectural firm, having an example of their work modeled may give them the motivation to invest in 3D renderings in the future.

i am not quite sure how i feel about students doing free modeling, but if you are going to have them do that, then they should also have to draft up a proposal, and true fee amount as part of the excersize. this will only help in the future.. the student will know how to do this, and the firm will know what kind of fee to expect.