Vray; Weird Problem - Please HELP

stylez

Hi everyone.

I have this problem that I've never encountered before. I'm trying to render an animation that's high quality, etc. But when I render the animation I get these weird sharp edges all over my scene. Does anyone know what could be causing this, and maybe how to fix it? thanks so much.

- Stylez

If you're unsure about a saved irr. map file, its usually worth checking the file with the map-viewer utility which can be downloaded from the main Vray site (log in with your customer authorisation, and go to the documentation section)

Its also a useful utility for anyone a bit unclear about how Vray's Incremental IRmap technique works. Though be warned, viewing large map files requires a decent openGL setup.

i think the problem is with the settings i am using, i don't think that it's the irradiance map; i have posted the settings i am using to render my scene - if anyone knows a better &/or faster way to achieve a good quality, non flickering animation fly through... PLEASE LET ME KNOW :)

thanks in advance

- Stylez

it still looks like the irradiance map itself to me. when you have poor settings the scene usually looks 'blothcy', kind of like you put a cloud filter in the surface style. judging by your image, it looks like an irradiance map was calculated, but for a different frame position or camera.

out of curiosity, what was the increment frame number you used to calculate the map? i typically calculate mine once every 20 frames, using incremental add to map.

i am no master on irradiance map settings, but i think you should get decent results from the ones you are using. i stole my settings from a friend, who highjacked them from a thread he read... my settings i don't really think they are the best, but they get me by.

also, one other question, are you using a rendering farm, or are you rendering only on your local machine? you are storing you irradiance map on your 'c' drive. if you are using network rendering, that might be your problem.

It turns out that it must have been the irradiance map. I got better results once i recalculated the map again, all those sharp edges are now gone, but it's taking forever to render :( . oh, the increment i used was every 6 or 7 frames using incremental add to current map. also, I am rendering on one machine - no network rendering for me :(

- Stylez