Combining Renders into Photoshop

Hi I am looking for a plugin or stand-alone piece of software which can help me deal more efficiently with mulitple renders.

For example I have a camera position with 20 renders for the same viewpoint, these are a mix of full renders, RGB masks, plus some consented schemes. The renders need cutting out by their alpha, the masks do not whilst the consented schemes need to be shown as wirelines (dotted and solid lines), this is governed by the alpha.

What I need is a way of automating the building of the PSD files. I know in Adobe Bridge you can select multiple images and combine them as a PSD file. However I want some thing abit more advanced than this.

Does such a product exist?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Toby

Cheers Matt, that looks very useful. Ive heard of PSD manager but never used it.

I don't think this can be used for automating the insertion of outlines can it? At MH we had a homemade standalone tool that was really customisable and you could make it automatically add into an existing PSD all of the consented schemes with dotted and solid lines (dependent on Visibility). These could also be automatcially masked using a RGB mask render of the city model that would then give you the occulsion of each consented scheme without you having to do it manually. Saved so much time!

Im guessing there isnt anything out in the open that can really touch that system......

• 4 months later...

I tend to use it this way.

PS CS3 (I think its the same from CS1 though)

File > Scripts > Load files into stack

This just loads everything into 1 file. I pop all of it to a group (calling it the render folder), apply the alpha masks in for all then just duplicate that group to my original working file with backgrounds / skys / ppl etc..

(Of course, i've got my guide lines for it to snap)