Amazing 3D Work

Dave Buckley

Great attention to detail.

The only thing I am uncertain of is the "cinema" grading. Meaning the lighter blacks, instead of expanding the levels to the max the computer monitor can display. I don't know the technical details, I only know that when I see a shot that is heading for film it is almost always graded with very light colored blacks.

Great attention to detail.

The only thing I am uncertain of is the "cinema" grading. Meaning the lighter blacks, instead of expanding the levels to the max the computer monitor can display. I don't know the technical details, I only know that when I see a shot that is heading for film it is almost always graded with very light colored blacks.

I dont know alot about photography, but it sure seems like the artist was going for a 'warts and all' photographic approach. creating part of that illusion was maybe lifting the blacks to simulate a particular film/exposure type?-Along with the dirty/scratchy lens.

Is there a visual clue in the dismantled camera on the work-bench perhaps? Maybe Andrew Lynn can shed some light on this one, he's a traditional photo guy.