Long saving time in 3ds max.

kielbasa

hi,

I saw the exact post here, and the solution to this thread was to set bitmaps paths in asset tracking.

In my case it doesn't help. All of them are on their place.

And it's unbelievable, cause I have a scene which needs about 3 minutes to save (it's just a bathroom so it shouldn't be so for sure), and after deleting all objects, and all hidden objects, saving time DOES NOT CHANGE.

when I merge all objects to a new file, it's exactly same long saving time.

other max files work fine.

I can only say, that I have lots of objects merged from other max scenes.

This scene was created in archicad first and then imported to Max ,but at the begining save times were absolutely normal.

There are also couple of proxies plants.

anybody has an idea what's going on ? ? ?

thx.

it's 51 megabytes, so I presume it's rather small than big.

This is strange. I was wondering what can be stored in a file, that even after deleting all objects sthg stays in memory or don't know where, and causes the file to save so slow. materials ? anybody has an idea?

Edited by kielbasa

i had this problem a while back and was never able to solve it.. howerver, codi over at the vray forum fhad a solution for someone else with the same problem and the answer was......

Something created a LOT of NoteTracks in your scene, you can see it opening Dope Sheet and looking inside "Max MotionClip Manager"

he suggested that you run this script to remove the offending tracks.... let me know if this helps

while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)

davistalexander,

I owe You a beer. It helped!!!

You saved lots of my time, and I really appreciate that!

I have hassled with this problem for couple of days getting anxious each time the autobackup was saving a file.

It lasted 3 minutes, now it takes 15seconds.

REALLY THANKS !

I need to write down this script for future, it's a treasure.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello..

I'm facing the same problem too, but for some reason I can't get this script to work.

I tried copy-paste with this script in the "Maxscript" field bottom right in max's interface, but I get a blue "undefined" reply..

I tried saving it to a ms script file and running it, but nothing happens.

Saving used to be instant, but after modeling a single closet (with a lot of polygons to be honest), now saving takes more than 30 seconds.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

• 2 months later...

That's exactly what I did.

But still "undefined"

.... =/

The strange thing is that now all my scene are soooooo long to save! Older and newer ! Low or light poly.

As if Max himself was corrupt, not only my files.

Big probem !!

Any idee ??

Edited by le.viking

i had this problem a while back and was never able to solve it.. howerver, codi over at the vray forum fhad a solution for someone else with the same problem and the answer was......

he suggested that you run this script to remove the offending tracks.... let me know if this helps

Or if you don´t know how to run that you can check the following thread in this forum http://forums.cgarchitect.com/35748-max-file-grew-too-big-pls-help.html and see all the different solutions. I had uploaded a script that did the cleaning of Motion Mixer and all it requires is a double click. hope this helps and simplifies for anyone having trouble still with this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I run the script and it worked for me but the prob is again when i merge something from other scene it goes back to same long time saving processes.

So what to do now each time marge something have to run the script or any beter solution.

Or i am missing something

Now I invite someone to come up with an answer to that one!!!! Yes, it seems like after you get this problem, the script will handle it, but if you want to merge something from that scene.... then good luck, cause you will get the same problem again. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get around that one, but if you do the other handlings described in the different threads (including this one) I believe we may come with the final solution for that specific bug. In any case, I don't have a big deal, I just run the script when needed...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
now i invite someone to come up with an answer to that one!!!! Yes, it seems like after you get this problem, the script will handle it, but if you want to merge something from that scene.... Then good luck, cause you will get the same problem again. Unfortunately, i have not been able to get around that one, but if you do the other handlings described in the different threads (including this one) i believe we may come with the final solution for that specific bug. In any case, i don't have a big deal, i just run the script when needed...

as you have run the script for the current project, but the file your merging in does contains junkie files you have run the script to that file also then it should not give any problem.