Quick Concrete Material Help!

braddewald

I need to create a really simple concrete material that looks as realistic as possible. It is just a solid color--pretty simple. The reason that I need it to be simple is that there are about 20 shades of this simple concrete throughout the scene. So it would be nice to use the hue I already have as the diffuse color, and then just be able to put in a reflection value and a reflection glossiness value, (and maybe a bump map--I don't know because the concretes are very far away from the camera) and do that 20 times.

I'm running up on a deadline so any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

James! Thanks for the quick response. I'm working on that file you sent me actually. It has a bunch of solid colors of concrete and I can't make it look like actual concrete. I was just looking for a reflection and glossiness value to jam in there real quick. The color correction is a good idea, but the shades are already in massive multi-subobject materials, that's why I just wanted to go through and set them all with the same reflection values. Any ideas?

aah... I get it now.

Why not use a range of .1 - .25 for reflections, toss a bump map in the relfections slot to give variation... and use .15 - .33 for glossiness and turn on the highlights and fg only? maybe try that... will take time to set-up, but it should work.