Futuristic cities

aristocratic3d

Hi,

I dont know if its a right place to discus this topics.

I would love to know guys if you have any links to free tutorials to create those textures.

I guess they used textures on a very low-polygonal model. only 27000 polygon in whole city. Can you please help me providing a link to any free tutorial to create these textures on photoshop?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38271[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance

i dont see any special texture there

http://tysonibele.com/

Please take a look at it. they are all textures. glowing textures I guess. I know How to develop that city. I have made more than five cities already. But I really need to know the way to create these glowing textures. it implies that I need tutorial to create a cities in night and off course for a very low polygonal model.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38272[/ATTACH]

Thanks for replay :)

well its really easy to make one, instead of looking for a premade texture if you ask me.. i just googled a night building, came across this image

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38279[/ATTACH]

i took it in photoshop, took a small portion out and deleted the rest, skewed it to make sure the windows are parallel, then i just selected random windows and copied them and pasted them to make something that suits me. this was the result

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38280[/ATTACH]

you can make modify this texture in few mins in photoshop, just copy dark windows over bright windows in many places to give the look of a building with less light up windows and vice-versa. you can crank up the brightness and add a bit of blurr too if you like.

for material i used vray light material to brighten it up, but its not neccessary at all, you can add a bit of glow in it in the post processing.

it was all done in like 10 mins, the result can look a lot professional and clean if you spend a bit more time. you can even make a photoshop template where you can modify it according to your need. you can make a grid and have many different rectangular windows in different layers, then all you need to do would be to copy different windows in different places snapping on grid. and in few mins you can have many textures.

hope it helps

regards

sajid

Edited by stormchaser