Flat shaded view shortcut

YOHKOH

Not quite what i meant but thanks for replying.

When you click on the top left of the viewport you can choose a flat shaded view instead of smooth and highlights.

I just wanted to set up a quick toggle like F3 to switch between flat and wireframe, but the optino doesn't seem to be available.

i know one way of assigning it to a key, i dont know if its the best or easiest though. go to max root folder and in "ui" direcotry go to macroscript folder, make a copy of any macroscript file, rename it to something like macroscript_flatshade.mcr, open that macroscript file, you will see option such as category, button name, tool tip name etc, edit it to your liking (whatever category you want this tool to appear in, it hardly matters what category you choose), then replace the main script with the script i posted, save the mcr file.

now start max and go to customize keyboard shortcut options and this tool will appear in the category you chose in the macroscript file. just assign it to any keyboard shortcut.

hope its not too confusing, if it is, let me know ill post the macroscript file.

p.s. if someone knows an easier method kindly share with us.

regards