New Script: Tile Roofs with displacement in seconds

John Pruden

Hi everyone,

Been working on this script for quite awhile and am happy to finally release it. For the moment the script focuses on barrel tile roofs only, however future updates will include other types of tile, metal roofs, and shingles. It works by creating the materials and displacement maps and then applies proper UV coords to your existing roof geometry. After the script has run you can interactively change the tile color, contrast, and tile size as well. There are a couple video demos on Youtube.

The script can be accessed here (you will need to register to download it):

http://www.digitalxmodels.com/product/detail/442/3d_model_Displacement%20Roof%20Surfaces_maxscript

And the videos are here (you may need to turn up the volume):

Enjoy!! :cool:

John Pruden

www.DigitalXModels.com

i use batzal. its better i think. OK ur script is free.. thats it.. anything new in ur script which is not available in batzal?

that's like breaking the spirits of anyone who tries to do something nice or improve himself. I guess Einstein ran into the same problems in Germany so he evaded to the US.

I think writing a functioning script is well deserving of an applaud, even if I don't use it.

Thanks for the comments guys,

I can't honestly compare this to Batzal's plugin as I've never used it. I have seen the video and that script does quite a bit more than mine, but it's also been in development for a lot more time. I'll leave it up to all of you to decide which is better.

Feel free to share any other ideas or make any feature requests.

Thanks!

John

• 1 month later...