Need some help with photometric IES lights

jam_ed

I've been trying to place some realistic photometric ies lights with web distribution. Somehow I'm having trouble determining the light intensity of these lights.

When I place them on a average room I have to set up to 6000 candellas till i finally see a bit light. This makes it hard for me to get a realistic representation.

My scenes have a realtime scale (in milimetres) and are a nighttime outside scene.

Can someone give me some advice on getting them to work properly?

I've been trying to place some realistic photometric ies lights with web distribution. Somehow I'm having trouble determining the light intensity of these lights.

When I place them on a average room I have to set up to 6000 candellas till i finally see a bit light. This makes it hard for me to get a realistic representation.

My scenes have a realtime scale (in milimetres) and are a nighttime outside scene.

Can someone give me some advice on getting them to work properly?

I am guessing that you are using the default gamma settings in max. If you change them to 1.8 or 2.2 your lights should be more predictable.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses.

Ofcourse you can always adjust the gamma/exposure/light intensity. But I thought the idea of downloading ies profiles was to get a realistic fixture setting out of the box. can you share the way you implement these profiles in your scenes??