problem with vray distributed rendering ...for Sketchup

Eric Sosa

apologies...I did post this question in the sketchup forum but nobody has answered, so I try here.

got a new job. in the new company I work now they use Sketchup to render architecture and we have the following problem (I can make it work with max myself):

- Sketchup 7 Pro

- Vray for sketchup 1.84

we can not make vray "distributed rendering work" despite having the DRSpawner running on each machine, have found & resolve the server (other computers in the network), have the same sketchup version & same vray in all machines.

any tip?

we can make vray distributed rendering work with max using the specific scrip for it, tho we do beleive there is no script for sketchup to be used... rigth?

any help would be very appreciated. regards, Eric

I've experience the same problems with this "newer" Vray. I only recently upgraded Vray. The previous version handled DR without problems. It always worked. This new version has a known DR problem. They are working on it, but I know some people are waiting to upgrade until they fix the issue. I personally don't understand why the software engineers would release a version that doesn't handle DR functionality properly. Hope that helps.

thx Joseph, it has been a great help. we certainly did not know the newest version did not work with DR ....hell.

the other architects in the company do not mind much not having the DR working. we will wait until a new fix or version is released

.... just wonder how in earth they sale & release something that does not work properlly???!!!

cheers