Adding Extra Vertices to a polygon????

gkanz

Hello Folks. My first post, so wish me luck and please bare with me. I've been trying to add extra vertices to an object I've created ( in 3ds max) but with no luck. Seems that the help files and also going the "Google" route has only shown how to add vertices to SPLINES only. I'm definitly new to this program and I've got much to learn but I've worked in TrueSpace and the adding of edges and vertices were pretty cut and dry. Am I missing something here? Appreciate any help or step by steps. Peace. gk

Greetings to both Mr. Eloy and Nelpiper. Appreciate both your quick replies. I wrote a comeback to Mr. Eloy's reply yesterday evening but for reasons unkown it never made up here. Anywho, I'm glad that it didn't make it up 'cause it would have made me look like an idjot. I really don't know how I missed that dang on "Insert Vertex" button but I did. Many times. Oh, well I'll just mark it up to climate change. Thanx, again to you both. Hope we can do this again sometime, I'll try not to make it so easy for ya :)

Peace. Have a good one. gk

Edited by gkanz

The only way i have found out is by running a connect though the poly turn edge faces on in the sub-object choose the edges level example select the left edge and then hold the control button and select the right edge under edit edges choose choose connect. In the p.view max will show you a line you can slide and pinch the lines together if you have more then one. Once you have done this then click the ok button you can see more Vertices when you select the Vertices sub-object

you should have really added the amount of segs before you converted it down

Good luck

DC

Edited by datacrasher