Vray DR problem (buckets not calculating IR)

oswinn

Hi

I've been facing a problem in Vray DR quiet some time. still i could not find out the reason.

my problem is when using Vray DR. not always this happens some files are lucky some are not

i have 8 slave machines to use for DR

everything is fine, locked, and running

it will render Light cache but some machines will not render the Irridiance. and on the final render those buckets (machine) which did not render IR will appear like greyscale.

i tried

1. saving Light cache and IR to file and allowing access (folder shared) to all slaves

2. rendered only LC and IR in a different machine and folder shared

but none of these process was a sucess.

if anyone could help me out from this problem i would me much relieved.

have a nice time

• 4 weeks later...

This is a case of not finding the maps, looks like the render slave disconects in the middle of the rendering from the network or something like that. For the greyscale, it is more like not finding the texture than the IR map, but it is still not finding something. Can you nail wich render slave is doing this ( if you have several) and check on this slave macine about Paths and network permissions.

In this render i used only one machine as slave. and maps folder was shared and mapped.

network traffic is very low also (since only 2 machines running on 1Gbps lan)

in one case i had 4 machines as slaves and 2 slaves rendered fine (u can find out with the buckets rendering with machine names on it)

this time i used only one machine and till 65% it rendered fine after that the problem started

in this case IR and LC calculated fine.

maybe u r right with the textures missing. but i don't find any reason for the textures missing !!! (i collected all the textures, IES, Proxies to a folder with the max file in it corrected the path to textures so as there are no sub folders for textures)

let me try with baking textures. wish me luck!