Quadro 5000 over Quadro 4000

What advantage do you get by buying a Quadro 5000 over a Quadro 4000? I'm trying to decide if I really need a Quadro 5000.

I do images for Landscape projects which have ever increasing plant objects in them etc.

I don't do animation only images at this stage.

I have read the break down on cards on this site but I'm really looking for laymans reasons.

I'm keen to go to the new Quadros as I have had problems with GTX850 card which I have installed I have at the moment. I only got that as all the bigger cards were hard to get here when I bought my new machine.

I have an

i7 950

12gig ram

GTX850 over clocked card

What's a GTX850? QUOTE]

That is what I said to the dealer? I'm not sure but I will find out more if you like. At the time of buying my computer we couldn't get the 1 gig cards anywhere. This was the best they could do unless I went to the high end Quadro's which I couldn't afford at the time. But now is the time you upgrade.

Do you think the Quadro 4000 would be good enough to handle a image of a development project that is 10 hectares with lots of VrayProxy trees etc.

It's going to be better than anything but a more expensive Quadro. The new FirePros are probably also competitive but it's hard to say because there are still no good benchmark reviews out there using the new versions of those cars and the latest version of Max. (FWIW, the Quadros are faster than comparable FirePros in Max 9.)