vray exterior rendering problem

rabea_111

hello everyone,

i want to ask you for help in vray , basically i am doing an exterior rendering for a building , using vray 1.5 sp2 and max2009. the problem is the rendering is coming with a some kind of flickering and the edges of the objects is not coming clear it is like broken while the camera is moving specially the edges around the glass and the windows, i already post a small video on YouTube to show what is the problem...

the link on the YouTube is =

please if anyone can help , thank you very much...

hello..

thank you for the reply . honestly i changed most of the settings in vray , and this problem always appear

specially on the edges of every object, along with the flickering problem , in static render everything is OK with no problems however the problem is appearing in the animation ..i will upload another video (high res..) on the YouTube so maybe i can explain more in details about this problem...

and i just want to add that , the unit scale i am using in max is (meter) so i do not know if this has any relation to the problem....

thank you...

I don't think it has anything to do with your Vray settings I think you have more than one object in the same plane (coplanar surfaces) what you are seeing is the computer rendering one frame with surface A exposed and in the next frame surface B is exposed and they flip back and forth. You can't have two surfaces in the same plane of 3D space in an animation, if you do then you get flickering like this.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, and thank you and i am sorry i did not check this thread because i was busy...

regarding the flickering problem i also noticed that even when the camera not moving during the animation you can clearly see the flickering in the scene everywhere ... this is in another animation i made , honestly i tried everything related to the anti-aliasing and the indirect illumination , i tries irradiance map and brute force but the problem still the same...do you think i have to do some modification for my graphic card to fix this problem , i am using nividia 9800gt....

thank you all again...

:confused:

This is called coplanar face. you might get flicker during not only animation but also you may notice black spots in still renders.

If this is not issue. then Interpolated reflection might be an issue. please check "subplixel mapping" and "clamp output" from "color mapping" tab. If this is not the issue. I assume this is happening for poor irradiance map and GI is working very strongly here.

hope that helps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39680[/ATTACH]