Environment Background Visible through vray objects.

Andrew1

Hey guys,

I am sure somone of you have experienced this problem,

I 'm trying to use the Environment Background to render my model in place over an image,

I can clearly see the entire background image through the model when rendered....,

I tried to do research on google and found some posts about similar problem...,

I tried the solution posted but no results, no matter what I do I see the background through my object..., is there some sort of official bug or is this some kind of feature put in place for some reason and can be overwritten ???

this relates to rendered image

If so can anyone land a hand and get me through this problem ???

any help would be appreciated,

Im using vray 1.5 sp 5 with dongle ;) and 3ds max 2010 both x 64

thanks,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew1

thanks, so I'm not the only one lol,

I just spent 3 hours trying different things and nothing seems to work for me,

I noticed that the objects affected by this artifact are the object with reflective materials

example materials with any reflective properties , vray mat fresnel, ref map falloff - fresnel, different camera type, reflection override with different material , nothing seems to work...,

Is there another way around it ??? I can just place a plane with the photo map on it , and assign different light properties but why would I wanna waste my time when the native option should work just fine ???,

anyone ...,

thanks,

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this problem! I have tried everything I can think of, as well as suggestions from other threads. Nothing has worked, and I just end up clone-stamping out the background in photoshop (takes WAY too much time).

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great!

Cheers,

Vi

• 2 weeks later...
I am also experiencing this problem! I have tried everything I can think of, as well as suggestions from other threads. Nothing has worked, and I just end up clone-stamping out the background in photoshop (takes WAY too much time).

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great!

Cheers,

Vi

Hey there,

I found a solution well sort of ..., I posted this in vray forum and got an instant answer, the trick is to override the reflection in vray environment render rollout, the strange thing is when I ran some testing, and noticed that in my scene that I had encountered the problem I was unable to override the reflections even though I did assigned an hdri reflec./environ. - map, but when I ran a complete new scene it worked right away ....,

very strange, I had changed all the materials in my original scene and pretty much reset all the materials and environment aspects and it did not help , I was still seeing the background image through the objects....

Hope this helps...

Andrew.

Andrew,

What should I override it with?

Cheers,

Vi

HDRI map or any map....,

let me know if it works for you , like I said it does work from me in my new test scene, however in a project that I had already finished with it did not work still displaying back ground through objects...

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I just figured this out,

if you leave GI Environment (Skylight) override unticked it takes the environment map from what ever is in the environment slot in Max (by default) so if you happen to have a sky image set to screen it will us this, so thats why background images look as though they are overlaid in the scene and blurred in renders.

To correct this either trick the GI Environment slot and use a sky colour, or add in a HDRI Map

works a treat.

Regards

Mark