batch render and vray passes

LuckyST

what would be the correct workflow if I want to assign batch renderer with multiple cameras, and make sure all the render passes are saved at the same time?

I setup the cameras in batch,

enable the desired passes,

but it doesnt work.

is there some checkbox I need to enable, and do the passes need to be in different folders?

easiest option is to use the max buffer write out to an EXR file, and get the ProEXR plugin for photoshop.

Then just make sure you select the box to automatically include all of the render elements, or individually add the ones you want.

Edited by BrianKitts

ok, I figured it out.

here's the workflow.

1)select the passes you want, and set the path you want them saved.

2)at the properties of each of the passes there's a checkbox "Render to VFB"... turn that off (alpha channel doesnt have it)

3) go to Vray Frame buffer pannel, and turn the frame buffer off.

4)save the render preset

5)go to batch render and set the cameras you want to render. Under "render preset" use the preset you just saved.

6) klik render.

P.S. some of the steps might be redundant, but I havent had the time to test which way it works or not.

would that work in LWF? (where u need the VFB)

you do not "need" the VFB for linear work flow....... you can carry a linear workspace in the max buffer.

The vray buffer just has the nice option for previewing the sRGB adjustment, but all the calculations are carried out the same regardless of the buffer being used. You just have to adjust your gamma settings to get the right output in the max buffer.